Friday 25 May 2007


Do you know something?? I didnt always want to be a jewellery designer in fact like most impressionable little girls I wanted to be a ballet dancer or a nurse! I can remember dancing about as little girls do with my bestest friend in the world Michelle ( she wanted to ride horses) dreaming of what we wanted to be when we grew up!
The fact is i have two left feet, am a modest size 14 and cannot stand the sight of blood or any wound etc.

So here I am, a 38 year old mother of two teenage boys (ahh the joy!!) partner of Dominic ( my mucky trucker!!) cleaner fantastico, mentalist (explained later) and general dogsbody for my two kids and my boxer dogs Marvin and Betty Wainwright, pondering over what I want to do with the rest of my life. Yes I have held down jobs in offices and call centers ( BORING) but I wanted to do something for myself goddammit with no boss to tell me what to do, I do feel that I should tell you that I HATE being told what to do ( just so that you understand)!

Anyway, my mum (another yet slightly madder mentalist) bought me a lovely little jewellery kit for my birthday the other year and that just did it, because I could dive into my own little world and lose myself in my beads I became Bev the "jewellery designer".

I hope to fill you in on snippets of my sometimes hectic and hillarious life stories and also show you some of my latest designs using handmade lampwork beads from the most fabulous artists in the UK.So please do call back and join me in my musings.

1 comment:

Jo Robinson said...

wooooooo hooooooo
bevs got a blogg yay
love ya
jo
xx