Friday 8 June 2007

Site Sales




Yesterday I did a site sale at Dewsbury district Hospital in their canteen/coffee shop and it was absolutley diabolical!! Not only was the interest in my jewellery poor but people who did look saw the prices and turned their cheeks!! OMG I couldnt believe it - do they not know quality handmade jewellery when they see it??, is the market so saturated with Claires accessories and accessorize cheap and nasties that it has made my jewellery bloody redundant??




I feel that in todays "fair trade, handcrafted, organic" times that one should take a step back and consider where and by whom their jewellery was made. I can vouch that most cheap and nasty beads and jewellery that you see on the high street comes from little chinese and indian sweatshops where the makers are but 10 years old and paid an absolute pittance for their toils.


I for one would love to end this and point out to the general consumer public just what they are paying for when they buy this cheap poop!




Bloody hell fire I feel better now that I have had my rant!! The day yesterday was so poor that I packed up early and left, I had been harrassed by a group of Asian men when I would not give them my newspaper, had to sit in a filthy canteen (yes the NHS has alot to answer for) and drag my sorry ass up and down the lifts and corridoors from the mucky canteen to the car park (which I had to pay a day pass for) and all I did was waste a day!

Anyway let it be a lesson learnt I think - no more hospitals for me!! I will stick to the First Direct call center and the other banks that I visit as they are really successful.


Right a little pic of my babies for you to end the week I think here are Marvin and Betty Wainwright

Arnt they just lovely!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally totally agree with what you said about people not seeing quality when it's right in front of them.
i think the market is so saturated with $5 pairs of ear-rings and junky bracelets that people are reluctant to pay for quality.
i make beaded jewellery too (i'd love for you to check out my new blog - www.beeboppa.blogspot.com - i've added you to my links!) and people often say they love it and then when i tell them the price they look shocked. do they not realise that it took 10 hours or more to make that piece?!
anyway, love the blog. and love your dogs!
hugs beth

Beverley Wainwright said...

Thanks Beth, Im glad its not just me that thinks this way!
Thanks for the link xxxx