Sunday 4 May 2008

Loads To Tell!!

Hey, sorry for the lack of posts lately - I have been very busy and not just in a "cant be pestered" mood - HONEST!!


First I would like to share with you my new website which was created and set up by Ian Tubb who is the husband of my very lovely cyber space mate Jo of Gemheaven. I am thrilled to bits and pieces with the changes and it does look better - I was getting sick of all that pink ( I know thats unbelievable of me) and now its a very contemperory black and grey. Because of this change I have also decided to have a go at changing my photos and the backgrounds. Anyone who takes pics of jewellery and glass beads will know just how difficult it is to capture the beauty of the design and the brilliant beads so with that in mind I thought I would try a few different props on a slate background - which will go with my new look website!


Here is a picture of a handcrafted pendant with turquoise, silver and crystal strung on a sterling silver chain. I have used a candle as the prop and think this works quite well - what do you think?


I have really enjoyed taking the new photos and have absolutley loads and loads to put on my website too - here are a few more using different props



This one I have named "Marbles" as it looks like the marbles you could buy or indeed win when I was a young un! It has been photographed against a candle in a blowl with bronze pebble chips - I love this one - the fantastic bead is by Beverley Hicklin.




And finally ....


This one is a favourite of mine ( cant understand why) LOL!!! set agains a black background on a white textured candle - I really like this effect and will probably use this one quite alot.

I am going to be updating my website over the next couple of days so hopefully it will look better with the new pics.

On a more personal level, my fantastic 18 year old son Ben has decided that he is going to join the Royal Signals in the British Army ( these are the men who provide the communication for the rest of the army).

To say we were shocked is an understatement and to say I am worried is not the half of it - however, I can say though that we are immensly proud of his decision and if this is what my lovely boy wants to do then we will back him all the way! He has passed his first parts for the entrance and now has to wait till the end of the month for some more tests, then will be his fitness test and full medical so all being well he will be joining in August! I will keep you all posted on his progress over the next couple of months.

I have also been really busy with my cleaning business " Mrs Sparkles" and it has been really hectic with the phone calls and bookings etc - infact it does look like I am going to start employing to keep up with the demand so wish me luck please!!

Right off to finish some more photos and take the dogs out - No rest for the wicked is there??

love Bev x




2 comments:

Nia said...

Like the new cool look! And the props too, it's fun to experiment. And no wonder you haven't been updating the blog! Sounds like you could do with a few more hours in each day.
Congrats to Ben, bet you're proud as punch!

Alison's Bakery said...

Great new look, Bev. Photo's look fab with the new props!

Congrats to Ben. I served with the Sigs in Catterick whilst I was in the Army, great bunch to join. He'll love it. My Ben is thinking of joining the RAF, but not for a few years yet!