Sunday 5 August 2007

He Popped the Question!

I have had a fantastic weekend! Myself and my partner of 10 years Dom went to visit his mum and dad as it was his dads 60th birthday on Friday. They live in a lovely little fishing village called Seahouses in Northumberland and it really is beautiful, very quaint but a lovely place for a weekend getaway.

We arrived at around lunchtime and after having a cuppa with his parents Glynn and John, me and Dom decided to have a walk down to the harbour and the sea. This is a very normal thing for us to do when we are up there as I love to look into the distance at Bamburgh Castle (which is about 3 miles on the coast but looks fantastic against the skyline, anyway when we got to the harbour and the wall we usually look out to sea from my Dom proposed to me with a beautiful white gold diamond ring!! I was absolutely stunned and if you do know me you will know this is not an usual thing for me to be. Of course I have always wanted to get married to Dom but after 10 years of living together we have just settled into a common law partnership!!
It was dead romantic and I will always remember this day for as long as I live as my Dom is not a romantic person in any which way at all.
We have decided to get married in about 18 months and we will be doing it abroad, hopefully all our family can come too and enjoy our brilliant day!

Busy with a couple of shows and parties over the next couple of days so will post some photos of my ring and stuff later this week
catch ya later
xxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Mary said...

Oh
Congratulations. And to have the ring ready as well Thats really romantic Best wishes Mary

Unknown said...

congratulations!!!!! and i can recomend getting married abroad. how fantastic he managed to get the ring and everything!!

Laura Sparling said...

Many congratulations, Bev! I'm a sucker for romatic-ness and Dom's propsal sounded just perfect! Aw!

Laura x

Jo Robinson said...

I'm so chuffed for you hun
yayyyyyy
love
Jo
xx

Kara said...

oh Bev thats fab couldn't have happened to a more wonderful couple, I can't believe he stunned you with silence though lol
Kara
xx

Gemheaven said...

Wooohoo!!!

Congratulations my luffley friend :D

See I go away for a week and it all happens!!!

JO
xx

ButterflyBeadwear said...

That is great news, how romantic by the beach and the sea, my favourite place to be. That flower bracelet is FAB by the way!!