Tuesday 16 October 2007

Calm Before The Storm?

I have felt really calm and peaceful today, I cleaned everything in my house to within an inch of its life yesterday including my living room carpet and today I have had nothing much to do!

Now every other mentalist cleaning extraordinare will know that you ALWAYS have cleaning to do and believe me I did look everywhere but lo and behold I decided to concentrate on my jewellery instead! Yep Siree I have had a slouching day!!

I am a little worried though cos normally there is a calm before a storm isnt there?? I am in York this weekend at the October Show with Made in Yorkshire on St Samsons Square so maybe that will be the storm, who knows!!!

Here is a sample of my new stuff made today - the beads are from Caroline Hannons studio and are fantastique dont you think??




















Im gonna call this set "A Bed Of Roses".



























































7 comments:

Gemheaven said...

OH wow you really did Carolines beads justice - another stunning piece of jewellery hun

Kara said...

god yummy set Bev, loving it, have a great weekend sales, I know you will with all your fab pieces
Kara
x

Catherine said...

Hi Bev

Thanks for visiting my blog.

How do you keep your house all spik and span with TWO dogs? Do Boxer's not shed much hair? My lab does nothing but. I'd love another dog. Some friends of mine are breeding from their little Westie next year and I'd just love one of her pups. The only prob is when we go away on holiday. I can't leave my Max in a kennel. He has to stay with a dog minder in their house and have all his creature comforts!! My dog has standards, although not when it comes to eating. Anyway, sending him to the dog minder costs almost as much as the bloomin' holiday!! I dread to think what two would cost.

I've just had a peep at your jewellery and it's gorgeous. I recognised the pink crystals from Caroline Hannon. Lovely, aren't they.

Catherine x

Beverley Wainwright said...

Thanks for the comments Catherine, its easy with the dogs to be honest i just treat them as I would children and they get a specific amount of time then a nap etc - I know that sounds mental and I suppose to anybody other than a dog lover it is but for me it really works! The worst thing i suppose about them is the saliva lol and the dirty paws but they even are trained to stop at the door after their walk now so I can wipe their paws!!! How good is that!!
I send my dogs to mypetstop which have a doggie day care center and its only £26 for the day which i dont think is too bad - they play with them and are not locked away in a kennel which is good i think.
You normally find that two dogs are not double as you get discount for two but having said that my two really are double trouble!!
love bev xx

Catherine said...

Your doggies sound so scrummy Bev. Stopping at the front door to have their paws wiped - how cool is that! A friend of mine had a Boxer and it used to accompany her into the shower after they'd been out for a long walk. Although Labs are supposed to love water, my Max hates them. Is Mypetstop a nationwide organisation?

I hope you have a really good weekend selling your jewellery designs.

Catherine x

Catherine said...

Me again Bev. I'm such a twit. I've just read back comment and the bit about Max doesn't make sense. What I meant to say was, he doesn't like baths. Sorry!

Catherine x

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hi Bev, just popped in from I can't remember where now. Love your blog, just loving that Lilac set, your doggies are gorgeous & loving your "wicked" sense of humour. Did your baby girl recover from her first "season" ok. Hope you do wonderfully at the sale. Come for a visit (to Australia) when you get time.
cheers, Coll :-}